The Mosque of Cordobalocated in the historic centre of the city and just a few metres from the Roman Bridge on the Guadalquivir River, is one of the main tourist attractions in Cordoba.
Declared UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1984 thanks to its historic minaret, the Patio de los Naranjos and the prayer hall, with more than 1.300 marble columns. The Mosque-Cathedral reflects the fusion of Umayyad art with other Christian elements, as well as having served as a place of worship for Visigoths, Muslims and Christians. From Visitanddo.com we inform you how to make the night visit and enjoy the El Alma de Córdoba' showA unique opportunity to see this famous monument at night.
Night visit to the "Soul of Cordoba
Carrying out a night visit to the famous Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba is undoubtedly a surprising way of getting to know this marvellous monument and its history. It stands out for its use of advanced lighting, sound and projection technologyto convey all the information from a historical and artistic perspective.
To contemplate this monument and its successive extensions, carried out to increase the area of worship, during the reigns of Abderraman I, II and III, the splendour of the reform of Alhaken II and the great reform of Almanzor are a unique experience. It is made up of different parts such as the Cathedral, the prayer hall, the Patio de los Naranjos and the Bell Tower.
How are the night visits to the Mosque of Cordoba?
This evening show starts at the Orange Tree CourtyardThe 17th century bell tower can be seen, with a projection that takes us through the history of the building and the city. Next, we can see the we will go inside and will undertake a itinerary through its highlightsguided by a gradual progression of sound and lightingwhich unfold as you go along.
5 must-sees during a night visit to the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba
As for the history of the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba and its architecture, it is an emblematic monument that combines Islamic and Christian elements. It was initially built as a mosque in the 8th century, during the time of the Islamic Caliphate. However, after the Christian Reconquest, a cathedral was built in the centre of the mosque, giving it its unique appearance.
Therefore, here we provide you with 5 must-sees during 'The Soul of Cordoba':
- Patio de los Naranjos: Before entering the main building, you will wait in the beautiful Patio de los Naranjos. This courtyard has a large number of orange trees, fountains and horseshoe arches, reflecting the Islamic influence in the design. This is where the screening of 'The Soul of Cordoba' will begin.
- Lights and images in the Bell Tower: Visitors also have the opportunity to see the illuminated Bell Tower of the Mosque-Cathedral, which can be visited during the day and enjoy a panoramic view of Cordoba. From there, you can see the rooftops of the city and get a unique perspective of the architectural ensemble. During the night visit, images and lights are projected on it, something that will leave you speechless.
- The prayer room: Once inside the Mosque-Cathedral, visitors will be amazed by the impressive forest of Islamic-style columns and arches. The columns are made of marble and jasper, and are believed to have been taken from ancient Roman and Visigothic temples. The play of light and shadow creates a magical atmosphere inside.
- Main Chapel: In the centre of the Mosque-Cathedral is the Great Chapel, which is the area dedicated to Christian worship. Here we find the main altar and Baroque and Renaissance elements, which contrast with the Islamic style of the rest of the building.
- The mihrab: One of the highlights of the visit is the mihrab, which is a prayer niche located in the qibla wall, indicating the direction to Mecca. The mihrab of the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba is a magnificent example of Islamic art with its detailed decoration and use of mosaics and marble.
Book your tickets for the 'Alma de Cordoba' and guided tour of the Jewish quarter of Cordoba with transport from Malaga and Costa del Sol.
How long is the visit of the 'Soul of Cordoba'?
It has an approximate duration of one-hour tour of the main landmarks of Cordoba's most important monument, the Mosque-Cathedral.
In which languages is the 'Soul of Cordoba' tour offered?
These visits take place in the evenings, in guided groups, and in 9 different languagesThe use of the audio guides available in: Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic and Russian.
How much does it cost to visit the 'Soul of Cordoba'?
General admission is priced at 20€.. It has several reduced ticket options for €14The ticket is valid for the over 65s, the disabled, students up to the age of 26 and children aged 7 and over, subject to official accreditation. In addition, admission is free for children under 7 years of ageThe visitors will enter without an audio guide and accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket. You can find more information on the official website of the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba
Night visit of the Mosque - Cathedral of Cordoba from Malaga with Visitanddo.com
The "Soul of Cordoba"is an activity that we recommend if you are visiting Andalusia, as it offers a unique opportunity to get to know the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba as part of our history and culture from another perspective.
This excursion was carried out by during the summer months, in particular July and August, on Fridays and Saturdays for your convenience, as this is an evening tour and requires your time, as we will arrive back late.
The tour includes:
- Local guide during coach journeys
- Tickets to the show 'The Soul of Cordoba' with audioguide in the Mosque-Cathedral
- Guided tour of the Jewish quarter of Cordoba
- Free time in Cordoba
- Return transport from Malaga and Costa del Sol
You can find more information about all the details in the following link: Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba by night from Malaga.
5 reasons why you should choose Visitanddo.com for this excursion to Córdoba
Some advantages of doing a night tour to Cordoba with Visitanddo.com are:
- Organised experience: We want you to make the most of your time, so we take care of managing your tickets to the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, to make it easier for you.
- Expert guides: During the tour you will be accompanied by expert and knowledgeable guides of Cordoba. Our guides will provide you with detailed and enriching information about the historical and cultural sites you will visit, enriching your experience and allowing you to better understand the rich history of the city.
- Guided tour of the Jewish quarter of Cordoba: To make the most of your visit to Cordoba, we include a guided tour of one of the most emblematic quarters of the city of Cordoba, the Jewish quarter. Check out the 10 monuments to see in Cordoba.
- Free time in Cordoba: After the show 'The Soul of Cordoba' you can enjoy a short walk around the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba.
- Full service: In addition to the organisation of the excursion itself, Visitanddo.com offers the convenience of transport to and from the main pick-up points on the Costa del Sol and from Malaga city centre to Cordoba.
Don't miss the opportunity to visit the Mosque-Cathedral by night with our tour. More information below:
This beautiful city has many other very interesting monuments and places to visit with a lot of history, such as the Roman Bridge, the Jewish Quarter or the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, which are among the most important monuments in the city. the must-sees in Cordoba.
If, on the other hand, you wish to visit Cordoba at any time of the year but with a daytime excursion, don't miss the opportunity to do it with Visitanddo.com including the entrance tickets to the Mosque-Cathedral or visiting the city at your own pace.